Petersburg, Virginia

On October 10, 2012 the power tilt in the steering column started malfunctioning in my 2009 Nissan Maxima. This is a safety issue. The column has the potential to move while in motion, and in my case would move into the far down position every time I turned on the car. Took car to Priority Nissan in Chesterfield VA. Dealer diagnosed that the power tilt motor had failed. Wyatt Lipscomb informed me there was a service bulletin on this item NTB09094, and suggested I call Nissan Customer Affairs. It cost $100 for the diagnose and est to fix is $495.03, invoice #247997. I called and opened a case #9595487 with Nissan Customer Affairs and informed them of the issue and was told they would look into it. Received a call back on Oct 16 2012. Was told the car was out of warranty and they would not help. I questioned about the service bulletin and was told no was this is final answer and there is nothing I can do to change it. This is a problem many nissan owners are having. Nissan admits there is a problem, but wont do anything to help with the issue. Why has this safety issue not been recalled???

VERY DISSATISFIED OWNER

steve pickering

ugottawin@hotmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Nissan Car.

Comments

Birmingham, Alabama, United States #707679

I am having the EXACT same issue with my 2009 Maxima.

to Anonymous #732914