Update added by user Sep 05, 2014
Got a recap thrown at me from the bottom of another car, tore the front bumper up, insurance paid for the bumper, went ahead and had my roof and hood painted, cost me $750, the guy at the body shop says its common on all cars, said he sees on all makes and models like I mentioned before especially in the red and blue paint jobs, although it sucks it can't be blamed on any car maker, it's the paint and our friendly buddy in the sky we call the sun, at any rate they did a pretty good job on the paint job at Wilburn auto body which is a part of ABRA, so $750 and no payments I guess it could be worse....
Original review posted by user Jun 22, 2014
I own a 2007 Maxima, the car mechanically has been sound, I recommend Nissan they have great cars, I am submitting this report to warn potential Nissan Buyers not to purchase any shade of red, in 2013 my hood and the top of the car started getting a haze to it, looks as though the clear coat is breaking down, I do understand that it want last forever but this car has spent %50 of it's life in a garage away from the elements.I contacted Nissan customer support with the issue, after about three weeks of phone tag I was ultimately told there is nothing they can do for the car because there was A.
No recall on the paint, B. it is out of warranty, I think they just took a page out of the American auto makers handbook that I call the (Build it to last for 5 years to ensure we get them back for a trade in) LOL, maybe not so funny but a reality, now I know that reds and blues don't do very well exposed to UV, but with technology you would think these guys would have solved this puzzle by now, in short guys don't buy red, maroon, burgundy, etc.
if you plan on keeping the car for more than 5 years.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have a nissan murano that never had a leak before through the windshield. I got my car serviced at nissan 6501 5TH AVE BROOKLYN, NY 11220 with the service..."
- "We have had numerous problems with our 2012 XLR Thunderbolt...Dealing with Diane Daly at Forest River was not a good experience... She never answered e-mails or phone calls promptly. ..."
- "I purchased a 2003 Corvette on July 18, 2012, and discovered a major engine oil leak within the first 36 hours. Met with General Manager Jerry Bussey who agreed to..."
- "I hate this airline. Reminds me of why I rarely fly them. I just got off flight from Atlanta to Wilmington today flight #5245. The plane is filled with mold!..."
- "Placed order on 12/5/15 for an Xmas present (couldn't give to the little girl who it was intended for at Xmas), rec'd product about a 2 weeks later, opened package..."
- "Surebet is all bluster rude arrogant and a total sham they claim superior products and service but all they are is some shoddy middle man with extra rules and guidelines..."
- "I love I love kickboxing hence the name :) it's like burning massive calories at a party, cause the music is pumping and you just have fun whilst working out...."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."