Update added by user Sep 05, 2014
Got a recap thrown at me from the bottom of another car, tore the front bumper up, insurance paid for the bumper, went ahead and had my roof and hood painted, cost me $750, the guy at the body shop says its common on all cars, said he sees on all makes and models like I mentioned before especially in the red and blue paint jobs, although it sucks it can't be blamed on any car maker, it's the paint and our friendly buddy in the sky we call the sun, at any rate they did a pretty good job on the paint job at Wilburn auto body which is a part of ABRA, so $750 and no payments I guess it could be worse....
Original review posted by user Jun 22, 2014
I own a 2007 Maxima, the car mechanically has been sound, I recommend Nissan they have great cars, I am submitting this report to warn potential Nissan Buyers not to purchase any shade of red, in 2013 my hood and the top of the car started getting a haze to it, looks as though the clear coat is breaking down, I do understand that it want last forever but this car has spent %50 of it's life in a garage away from the elements.I contacted Nissan customer support with the issue, after about three weeks of phone tag I was ultimately told there is nothing they can do for the car because there was A.
No recall on the paint, B. it is out of warranty, I think they just took a page out of the American auto makers handbook that I call the (Build it to last for 5 years to ensure we get them back for a trade in) LOL, maybe not so funny but a reality, now I know that reds and blues don't do very well exposed to UV, but with technology you would think these guys would have solved this puzzle by now, in short guys don't buy red, maroon, burgundy, etc.
if you plan on keeping the car for more than 5 years.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The rear fiberglass panel has separated and is one big bubble. The top crown (a Rising) has bowed away and the sides have pulled-in towards middle causing a gap...."
- "I recently took my car to Nissan in Hamilton to have the rear right axle seal fixed...it was under warranty. My local mechanic noticed it was leaking and suggested..."
- "I have a nissan murano that never had a leak before through the windshield. I got my car serviced at nissan 6501 5TH AVE BROOKLYN, NY 11220 with the service..."
- "I want everyone to know that the owner of Regenesis Skin Studio - Terri McConnell ruined my face by doing procedures she's not licensed to do. I did my research..."
- "I used your cleaner conditioner..it did not clean my straps if any thing it made them darker and it now has a dry feel to it..I have called the MK..."
- "Too much to say but the short of it is they talk of core principles yet don't seem to do anything to improve upon them or customer satisfaction. I'm amazed..."
- "At 1210 EDT on 12/10/2016 at the Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen located at 12218 Leesburg Pike, Herndon, VA 20170; They refused to honor the advertised deal in their window '10 PCS..."
- "I ordered a dress Nov. 15 , they said it would be shipped in 4-7 days. They took the payment, I paid with my debit card. And to this day..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."