Chicago, Illinois

I have a 2009 Nissan Sentra and there are 69,000 miles on my car I have had oil changes and new tires and new battery even braks done. The car started driving funny so I had another oil change done and took it into two different places for diagnostics.

They could not find anything wrong. About 1 week after I got another oil change the car locked my daughter inside at approximately 130am she had it towed the next day and the serve center said it had to go to the dealer.

It is now at the dealer and it needs a new engine I have only had the car one year and Nissan refuses to help in any way.

This is my first and last Nissan they are a horrible company in my opinion I will buy American from now on!

Product or Service Mentioned: Nissan Car.

Comments

Nissan service sucks and they always claim nothing is covered by their extended service agreement. Clueless workers couldn't tell me the status of my car after 12 phone calls ...really?

Never. Buying Nissan again

Northampton, Pennsylvania, United States #687822

I have a 2007 Xterra with 69,000 miles on it. Both the transmission and the timing chain went out.

They put in a new transmission, which was covered by an extended warranty that was forced by a class-action lawsuit. (They didn't do it willingly.) But they would not cover the timing chain work, which was caused by cheap plastic parts that wore out prematurely. The cost for that was $1,750. This company does not stand behind it's cars.

I won't buy another one. Ever.

That is interesting. I have a 2010 Nissan Frontier and I think the motor is the same.

I have a 2.5L. I have replaced the water pump, the fan clutch and now the head gasket. I asked Nissan for help and they said things wear out and that 70K is a lot of miles for such a new truck.

NEVER BUY A NISSAN. I learned my lesson.