Newark, New Jersey

My husband's '06 Nissan Pathfinder has had a problem with its fuel sending unit. The tank reads empty no matter how much gas it has. I've ran out of gas twice miscalculating how much gas I have. We did now know there was a recall on the car until the other day when I finally called the dealership. They said the recall would be done for free and made me an appointment. When I got to the appointment the man said there are two recalls. The other would be no problem but the recall for the fuel sending unit was actually an extended warranty fix and my car should apply for the extended warranty.

The man told me it would take 4 hours to fix. I didn't realize it would take this long and also realized I forgot my phone at home. I asked to borrow a phone and the man denied me saying they're not allowed to do that. So, my 5 month old daughter and I had to walk for an hour on the side of a busy highway to get home.

When I finally got home, I found my phone and saw that Nissan had called. They told me that since I'm passed the extended warranty (which covers up to 72k miles) I was over (with 86k miles) and I would have to pay $450+ to get it fixed.

What I don't get is why they didn't tell me this before. Also, the Nissan website clearly states that it is a recall. It also says there are 80,600+ vehicles estimated to have this defect. I'm not even sure if the fuel sending unit stopped working before or after the 72k miles. Either way, it is a defect and Nissan should fix it.

I called their customer service department and had them reevaluate my situation which they did. They again denied my car for the repair because I did not have my car serviced at the dealership enough. There have been no other problems with the car prior to this incident for me to have to bring the car to the dealerfor service. The only thing we have done is oil changes. Our nearest dealership is 45 min away and it would be a major inconvenience to get oil changes done there, so we would go to a nearby Lubeland instead.

My husband is the Army and usually takes care of these situations. I am frustrated with the service Nissan has given me and would advise no one to ever get a Nissan.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nissan Car.

Comments

nissan suck bad customer service

bad dealership service

im buying a new car soon it wont be a nissan :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

cohena2

Recalls only last for a certain period of time. If you don't get your recall fixed in the time frame specified that is YOUR fault for your procrastinating too long to get it fixed.