Dubai, Dubai

I have a 2008 Nissan Armada SUV, that I have had from new. It has relatively high mileage (115,000), of which maybe 200 has been gentle off road.

A couple of days ago my wife was driving the car on a freeway with my two daughters in the car and the overhead console (that surrounds the DVD screen and has A/C & audio controls) fell down and hit one of my daughters in the head!

On inspection it appears this console is attached by 6 screws to the DVD screen, 2 bolts to the roof of the car and 4 clips. All, except 1 clip, had failed by the time it fell and hit my daughter. There was no sagging or anything to suggest this was imminent, it simply just fell down as they drove along!

Now it is of course out of warranty, however I would have thought it was reasonable to expect that no matter what age or mileage of the vehicle, you should feel confident that no bits of the vehicle will detach themselves in normal operation and potentially injure you!

Nissan however disagree. I submitted photos and a description of what had happened and asked them to replace it and they have declined to help. Very disappointed Nissan! Armada owners - beware the potential hidden danger inside your SUV

Product or Service Mentioned: Nissan Car.

Comments