Casper, Wyoming

I bought a Used Nissan Armada with 66000 miles on it from Honda of Casper in Wyoming. Was loaded and nice, decent price.

Within 700 miles the engine had a knock. Was told I needed a new engine for $8000 installed! The dealership said tough luck, I bought it as-is! I called Nissan Customer service, and they told me to take it to the nearest Nissan Dealership, (only 180 miles away!) So I drove the knocking car down there, after 31 days, they were able to diagnose that the engine needed replaced!

The customer service rep kept in contact, and said they would see how they could help me "financially" with the fix. So after 6 months of not having my $18,000 vehicle, they finally called to tell me that they were not going to do anything for me! So I traded the armada in at over $11,500 loss and got a Chevy suburban. So for 6 months and less than 1000 miles of vehicle ownership and over $12,000 (loss, + taxes + insurance) I got to be a pissed off Nissan Owner!

Never buy nissan! Especially don't let mileage and price affect your buying decision. Out of warranty is out of warranty. Being in Wyoming buying AS-IS leaves you no recourse.

So dealerships like Honda of Casper buys these auction vehicles and "Certifies" them and then you are screwed. Buyer Beware

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Comments

I do blame Nissan, the rep misled me for over 6 months that Nissan would help me. They could've told me no from the beginning.

So yeah I can be a ticked off Nissan ex owner ... lol

why would youthink this is a nissan problem?nissan cannot control the condition of a 66000 mile vehicle,was it maintained? maybe youneed to redirect your anger towards the party you purchased the vehicle from.

tryeating fish...i understand it's good for your brain!

tryeating fish...i understand it's good for your brain!

#206282

The car was in range of book value. No where near the 40k you mention.

It is my fault for what? I was trying to save a few.

I normally buy "New" cars and have several with no problems. It was not a too good to be true deal, just right price for the passenger vehicle that I needed.

#206188

First its your mistake. Second Most of the car that you buy at 66k miles will have the same problems.

you are not the first owner of this vehicle. and you bought at honda(Big mistake). the original price of armada ranges to 40k. so that is why they gave you the car at 18 k.

Everything that is too good to be true is not true at all..

so do not blame it on the vehicle. blame it on your self.