Trenton, New Jersey

Nissan has refused to pay for a KNOW DEFECT in my 2009 Altima for an anti-theft lock in the steering column because it was past the extended warranty. Oh by the way consumers were NOT notified of this issue because it was a secret.

They would only tell you if your car just stops working AND YOU BROUGHT THE CAR BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP. They knew this was a major issue because the service department knew in 5 minutes even without seeing the car that was the issue. They had a ready supply of spare parts on hand for this problem. MY bill came to $939.51 I think I was dealt with unfairly by the corporation because they didn't even offer any help except that they were not going to help pay for it and it was my problem now.

I was going to buy 2 new cars this year from Nissan a 2015 Altima leftover and 2016 Rouge. NOW I will refuse to buy anything from a manufacture that does NOT stand behind there products. I will buy from other manufactures. Be warned and try to stay away from a company that does not help long time buyers because I was a Nissan owner off and on for the past 35 years and they don't back there products.

The only good thing was the dealership itself was accommodating as possible and took a few dollars off the bill and gave me a loaner car until my car was repaired.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nissan Car.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Nissan Pros: Dealership customer service, Loaner car during repair time.

Nissan Cons: Nissian customer service, Responce to obvious defect.

Comments

#1120883

I recently just had the same issue with the steering lock, the tow truck driver showed me to pull down the plastic piece under the steering wheel and bang on the metal box underneath and sure enough it started up again... this will buy you some time, but it needed to be repaired..

so My 2009 Altima was sent to the dealership on Feb 2016 and guess what????? My warranty expired.... big surprise... cost me $1,000.

what can I do ? I really want to write to Nissan and explain this is an ongoing problem with the 2009 Alitmas may a recall is needed?????

I just had the same problem and same response from corporate Nissan. I will be telling everyone I know about this and sharing all over social media! Ridiculous.