Hi, I am unhappy about the lack empathy from the Al Aweer Nissan Service center as they have given me a bill for 19,000 AED through no fault of mine.

On Tuesday 27th October 2014, our car broke down in the middle of the road because the accelerator stopped working. We then send it to the Al Aweer branch to get it fixed as we have done all our services from the beginning there.

They call the next day and tell us the total bill is AED 36,000. Our car value is at best worth 55,000. They then say hold on I will get you a discount and come back and tell us its going to be AED 20,000. They say the CVT Transmission has to be changed. We go in the evening to meet the service advisor and asst.manager. They tell us there is nothing we can do but to pay up. Frustrated about this we look it up on the internet and find on the first page of google, the following link: http://www.nissanassist.com/web/CVT/index.php?menu=8

There is a letter that has been issued by Kevin Martin addressing this problem and clearly states the models that has been affected by the CVT issue and makes it clear that we don't have to pay anything. We contacted the asst. manager about this and he replied through email saying this does not apply and its only for US cars and we should pay up. However when I checked my chassis number, the car and transmission was made in the US.

Every single service is done with Nissan Al Aweer and I has just completed a major service at 80,000 kms. I asked them why they did not find anything wrong when we gave it for a major service and THE ASST. Managers reply is we check oil and other things, we do not check everything.

Im sorry if you do not check everything why do you charge 3 to 4 times the price of a normal service. We pay premium prices for service but do not what we pay for.

After about a week of complaining and back and forth messages we meet with the Senior Manager and he says there is a problem with the transmission. I ask him what exactly the problem is and he says only when I agree to pay they will open the CVT and tell me exactly the problem. He also says he will get a goodwill discount.

He calls back a few hours after the meeting and says he got it down to AED 8,148. We try to contact the customer service department and we have not got a reply since my last message My sister was driving the car that day and luckily she did not meet with an accident.

Its very dangerous when the accelerator stops working and the engine fails in the middle of the road. We are very frustrated with the way Arabian Automobiles has handled this problem as now we have to spend money to rent a car and is no proactive action being taken.

We are keeping a level mind now, but as the days go by and nothing is being done, we are getting frustrated. We would need a reply ASAP as it clearly states on a Nissan website that we do not have to pay anything

Review about: Nissan Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service, Product.

Had an Experience with Nissan?

Comments