Reston, Virginia

We bought our beautiful Nissan Murano in 2003 and have had lots of problems with their service department for repairs and their handling of customer service. We've had countless incidents with blunders made by Nissan's service departments, but to take the cake, we recently brought our 2003 Nissan Murano in with a problem with the locks not unlocking properly with the alarm remote. We were told that we definitely needed a new alarm for $500. Luckily, my husband, who felt it couldn't be a problem with the alarm, decided that he'd rather go to Car Tunes, an alarm/car stereo company he's used often, to get the alarm at a cheaper price. We took the car there the next day (after paying $50 for a diagnostic charge) and Car Tunes informed us that nothing at all was wrong with the alarm and that the car required a door lock repair costing $25. It outraged me that we almost got so ripped off. Nissan told us that three people had checked the car, one being an alarm expert, and that they all agreed the problem was the need for a new alarm.

When we called Amity Nissan, in Amityville, NY, they said that they could not return the $ for the diagnostic fee. They had no explanation for the deceitful and incorrect diagnosis. I contacted Nissan America's customer service who was going to investigate and they closed the file with no explanation offered to one of their customers. I can't believe the handling of this case. Amity Nissan's employee Sean was supposed to call us back and speak to the manager but never did. That was 3 weeks ago. I think they ***!!

Pianochick

Product or Service Mentioned: Nissan Repair.

Comments

Nyiregyhaza, Szabolcs-Szatmar-Bereg, Hungary #25362

get a life,, for you to complain about 25 dollars and go through writing a letter shows how pathetic you are,, news flash, THATS LIFE AND IF 25 BUCKS IS THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU, YOUR LUCKY YOU LOSER!!!!!