I have called Corporate Nissan customer service on 3 separate occasions trying to get a key code for a '94 300ZX that I just purchased from a private party.Because the car came with only one key, which is badly worn, I need a new factory key to be able to use all doors and the trunk.

While they can easily access that information based on my VIN number, their "policy" forbids them to divulge a key code to the owner of the vehicle, and they also refuse to provide any assistance to my local Nissan dealer. Since the car is over 10 years old, the key code info is not on the dealer's database. Corporate Nissan says it's a security issue. WTF?????

Why does Corporate Nissan keep such a database if they won't use the information for the benefit of their customers and dealers?? I have owned Nissans for over 30 years, but if this is how they "support" their customers and dealers, it will be the last one I ever buy.

I'm not through with this yet--I plan to call them every day until it is resolved and I also plan to file a complaint with the Federal Transportation Administration--having a working key to my car is a safety issue and they are violating my rights as a consumer by refusing me important information regarding the safe operation of my vehicle.Customer service is apparently an oxymoron with Nissan Corporation!!

Review about: Nissan Car.

Had an Experience with Nissan?

Comments