My wife has a 2011 Maxima. I thought it was a great car until the transmission failed while driving on the interstate.

I had to roll the car over off the road with semi-trucks flying by. It was very dangerous!! The car has 85,000 miles. Only highway miles.

I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs. They simply did nothing. I took it to Nissan dealer for diagnose . I had to pay $140.00 and hear that I had $5,200.00 worth of damage in my transmission.

There are a lot of old cars still driving on the roads.

My car looks like brand new and doesn't work. I had to accept that a $36,000.00 car that is now worthless.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nissan Car.

Comments

I had the same issue with my 2011 Nissan Altima. 5000$ of repairs in a car less than 2 years old.

Unfortunately we bought the car used and it was out of warranty.

I spoke with the Nissan dealership where we bought the car, called the company and wrote a letter--no help or explanation. This has soured me on Nissan products and will never by that brand again.

The Powertrain coverage period is 60 months

or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

This warranty covers any repairs needed to

correct defects in materials or workmanship.

The average miles per year on a car is 15,000, Kelly Blue Book uses this standard to determine depreciation. You drove a car almost double the average number of miles per year, exceeded the manufacturer's warranty (which is information available on purchase) and now you're complaining the transmission went out?! Wow, wonder they did nothing.