Wish I had known what I know now. I had originally owned a 1999 Altima and had no problems so that's why I wanted to stick with Nissan.

Bad move. The following describes my current situation:

I purchased a 2013 Nissan sentra this year in February. I have had it 6 months and there is rust forming already on the body. I purchased the vehicle new and did not anticipate any sort of hassle right off the bat.

But within six months there is rust on the body and I have a white vehicle so you can only imagine. That's not even the mot important complaint. I have contacted Nissan consumer affairs regarding the faulty design of the car. The base of the windshield wipers continually scrapes the top of the hood of the car because they are buried under the hood as a design initiative to keep the wind drag minimal and produce better gas mileage- or so they tell me.

But you see, the problem with this is that every time you need to clean the wipers free of snow and ice or change your wipers, they scrape the hood of the car due to their permanent placement. I have been explaining this to all at the service center at the dealership and the sales team nd they agree that it's a design flaw but no one is resolving the problem.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nissan Car.

Monetary Loss: $19000.

Comments

Lakeland, Florida, United States #1188940

Yes, I agree. Wiper blade arms on NEW 2017 Nissan Rogue, Sentra, And Altimas have this wiper arm flaw and Nissan wont correct it.

I just scratched the paint on the hood of a new Rogue in the showroom just by raising the blade as if I was changing it. RIDICULOUS!

to Anonymous Orlando, Florida, United States #1188962

If you put your key in ignition and do not turn it, then pull wiper lever, it will work on 2013 and newer models. As an option, you can open the hood and change them also.

I had a 2014 Nissan Sentra and it rusted in the fenders Nissan said they would not possibly cover it. I also had the same issue with the window wipers.

In the transmission was horrible and the noise of the engine was loud and all this by 9000 miles. I finally traded in for a Hyundai Elantra and love it

The wipers can be raised to the service position by following

the procedure below (from the owners manual):

1. Ensure that the ignition switch is in the OFF

position.

2. Pull the windshield wiper and washer lever

for 5 seconds. This action will cause the

wipers to take the service position automatically.

3. Lift the wiper arm away from the windshield

4. After cleaning, lower the wiper blades and pull the windshield wiper and washer lever again for 5 seconds. This action will cause

the wipers to resume the set position.

The dealership should have told you about this.

to Who Salem, Oregon, United States #860642

I was at the dealership to have my wipers replaced and I noticed a day later that my hood had chipped paint due to the fact. I returned to the dealership to complain about this and they sent my car to a body shop to repaint the hood.

Three months down the road I am seeing chipped painting the same spot again and due to the windshield wiper once again. This frustates me so much and I think they should recall these.