nissan xterra was designed with a cooling system which failed and then allowed coolant to flow into and destroy the automatic transmission resulting in $5,000 in repairs wihich they refused to cover even though admitting that it was their design flaw that caused the problem.Beware of Nissan and their faulty vehicles.

Knowing of the problem they could have notified their customers even if they were not going to pay for the neccessary corrections but refused to do even this, leaving customers in the dark about the design flaw.

they claim customers were not notified because it was not a safety issue.I say it was a safety issue considering that having the transmission fail while pulling into traffic leaves one at great risk of being struck be another vehicle while being disabled.

Had an Experience with Nissan?

Comments

Nissan - Car Review from Brooklyn, New York Nissan "offered a warranty for tire when the time i bought the car but afterward when i came to ask blamed me for not getting the paper work, which i had..." Read more Nissan does not honor power train warranty Nissan "We bought a new 2012 Nissan Frontier pick-up with standard transmission. After 27,000 miles the clutch and flywheel disintegrated. A $1,400 repair brought no help from Nissan..." Read more Nissan - Worst Experience Ever! Nissan "Traded in my 2008 nissan sentra on Jan 27 for a 2012 Nissan versa VIN 3N1BC1CP3CK290068. Wells Fargo gave a verbal payoff (negotiated) of $11,250 (down from $14,566). No one at..." Read more Nissan - Factory, packaged, installed parts discontinued, now considered an accessory Nissan "2006 m45 sport, front aerodynamics piece needed!after having an accident, I need the front aerodynamic piece. Local and 1000 mile radius dealerships says it's discount inured. However Infiniti says..." Read more Whirlpool - Really upset can't believe product last only 2 years Whirlpool "2 days ago my cabrio washer machine stop working. Was washing some clothes the machine start making this weird loud noise and had some weird smell i notice today the..." Read more Sears - NIGHTMARE Wedding Ring Set!! Sears "I have been having issues with a diamond wedding ring set I purchased 2 years ago and Sears has yet to rectify the situation. I initially purchased the set along..." Read more Time Warner Cable - Zero help when you call Time Warner Cable "On not one but two separate occasions I have received calls and voicemails from time warner cable after 9pm. FTC mandates do not permit calls before 8am and after 9pm...." Read more Tbdress - Don't Buy from TB Dress!! Tbdress "I made the terrible mistake of purchasing two dresses for my daughter's wedding from TB Dress. When they arrived one had a broken zipper, the other did not fit correctly..." Read more