Kalamazoo, Michigan

Firstly, I would like to inform you that I greatly enjoy driving my 2014 Nissan Rogue SL. It handles smoothly on the roads and I have had no mechanical issues with the car thus far.

I have owned my Rogue since October on 2014. It currently has less than 5,000 miles.

Now, let me tell you about my extreme displeasure when it comes to dealing with the dealers and service centers.

When I purchased my vehicle, I was originally quoted for a Moonlight White, 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD with the same VIN number as the car I currently own. It was a dream come true for me to finally have a quote for my dream car in the range that I could afford. I went to work that very day after receiving the quote and proceeded to get my loan approved and the check was delivered to me personally so I could go buy my vehicle.

Well, turns out the sales rep was mistaken. The car he quoted me was not an AWD, it was a FWD. I was very disappointed in their error. However, they assured me that they would get me an AWD Nissan Rogue, 2014, at the same price they originally quoted me. This was from the sales rep that made the original error as well as his co-worker/boss.

I was thrilled. To find out that they were going to keep their word and provide me with my dream car- I was positively delighted. My father was glad that the dealership was going to stay true to their quote and get me an AWD that the quote was originally for since it was an error on their part.

We put our 500.00 deposit down and planned on going in the next day to see the car they found.

Keep in mind- at this point I have gotten all of my financing set. I am dedicated to the price and car now.

We go up the next day and they explain to us that they CANNOT get me the car I want for the quoted price. The “higher ups” won’t allow them to take the loss in order to get me an AWD 2014 Nissan Rogue SL which I was quoted for. The car which I had set up all of my financing for. After looking me in the eye and telling me that they were going to get me the car I wanted for the price they quoted. After two trips from Parchment, MI to Battle Creek. After numerous email exchanges. Clarifications. Work. Credit Checks.

I cried. A lot. I was crushed. I was stuck with a loan for a specific amount that I did not have any leeway with. I’m a single mother. I needed a safe, reliable vehicle to transport myself and my child to work in every day. I was taking a huge step by buying a new car, because I didn’t want to get stuck with a lemon car by going the used route. I spent almost an entire year test driving vehicles and researching vehicles before I settled on the Nissan Rogue. With its high ratings almost everywhere I looked, and the way it just felt right during my test drive, it was just meant to be.

I was either out a vehicle and stuck with a car loan, or I needed to buy the FWD 2014 Nissan Rogue that I was told was an AWD originally. So I just sucked it up and bought the FWD. I rationalized to myself that I had always had a FWD so it wasn’t going to be any different driving wise during a Michigan winter. At least I had the car I wanted with the exception of the AWD. At least I could afford it. I settled. I should NOT have had to just settle.

Now, here I am, with a car, less than 5,000 miles, only owned for about 4 months, no accidents, tickets, and no issues except one that popped up within a week of ownership. An issue that your service people ASSURE me is my fault despite having no knowledge of anything ever hitting my vehicle on the edge of the hood by the windshield and is thus not covered under my warranty for a car that I haven’t had long, haven’t driven much and paid over 30,000 dollars for.

Your service centers are not hourly friendly for those of us who work an 8 to 5 M-F job. It’s extremely difficult for me to get to the service center between work, their hours and days, and with my daughter. Unfortunately, it took me a while to get into a service center to address the paint defect. I took it in today, 01/22/2015. I explained the situation with the car, also telling them the difficult I experience with purchasing the vehicle. Then they told me that CLEARLY something had hit my car without my knowledge. Right on the edge of the hood by the windshield, and chipped the paint. It isn’t covered under my warranty. I told them that no, nothing has hit my car. This has been there practically since I’ve owned the vehicle. I have never gotten hit by anything. They said because there was a line, it was clear I had hit something.

I am disgusted with the way the sales people and service people have treated me. As though I do not matter as a Nissan customer. As though I have no idea what I am talking about. Like a liar and a scam artist. I enjoy driving my 2014 Nissan Rogue, but I will never recommend a Nissan vehicle after how I have been treated and what I have had to deal with.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nissan Car.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Nissan Cons: Customer service, Responce to obvious defect.

Comments