Elk Grove, California
1.8

On a routine maintenance visit to Nissan of Elk Grove, Ca I was advised that the transfer case is leaking and the repair is $2499. The 2009 Nissan Murano has only 88K miles.

The resale value of the car on a trade in is only $10,000, which makes this repair 20% of the cars value. This is an absurd amount for the repair. My online research turned up blogs where Murano owners state this problem with their cars. The blog entries describe multiple transfer case repairs/replacements on the same car, related transmission failures while driving the car and a fire.

Why is this not covered in a TBS or a recall? Are they waiting for deaths like GM has to correct this faulty part?

I am beyond angry.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nissan Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: I want Nissan to fix this as a recall/TBS. .

Nissan Pros: Loaner car during repair time.

Nissan Cons: Responce to obvious defect.

• Nissan Transfer Case

Comments

My 09 murano's transfer case started leaking 2 weeks. When I called nissan consumer affair, the rep told me that nissan would not cover it since it wasn't the CVT.

She also offered a discount if I want to purchase a new nissan. Why would a customer wants to buy an other nissan vehicle when the company can't even stand behind their product. I told her that I wanted to take this case higher. She agreed, but I never got the call back.

It has been a week now. This is my first nissan and will be the last one too.