Edmonton, Alberta

About the only good thing in a 2005 model Nissan Altima 3.5 made in the United States is the engine which is made in Japan. The rest of the car is cheaply made and poorly designed and not worth the price I paid for it.

Six months after I bought the car new from a dealer it had to be recalled to fix a faulty rear end which collapsed. At the same time the brakes failed. Since 2005 the brakes have been replaced twice and now have to be replaced again. That is three times in less than five years. Brakes are supposed to be a safety feature not ornaments.

I do not live in a humid climate but the car is already showing signs of rust. In North America Ford owners created a slogan about General Motors vehicles which read: "On a quiet country road you can hear a General Motors vehicle rusting away." I think it can now also read "On a quiet country road you can hear a Nissan Altima rusting away."

The CD player has also stopped working and one of my favourite CD's is stuck inside.

All in all, I think the car is overpriced for the quality and I certainly will not buy another Nissan.

John Hamblin

P.O. Box 1266

Calmar, Alberta T0C 0V0

Canada

cc Consumer Reports.

Comments

very upset my ABS failed in my 2005 Maxima dealer wants over 2000 called Nissan consumer no help very very upset will never buy this junk again only Toyota for me now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!